Saturday, February 6, 2010

Introversion ?

I'm back to stitching now... January just seemed to go by as a day dreaming kind of month.... not prolific of hand but fulfilling of heart and personal vision. Between the new year, the full moons, my birthday and the owl outside my bedroom window....I think I know now where this year is going for me creatively.April 4th for my favorite holiday this year! I unearthed last years hastily made Easter block to get a jump start. The light and birdsong IS changing even though there's months of winter left...oh so subtle but just enough to fan my hopes . I live for spring!

Like everybody, I have those things that really need to see completion. How do they say...shit or get off the pot??? That's my motto this year... as in ... admit I will never make this Laurel Burch quilt below... so give the makings away... (it's taking me awhile to part, can't you tell?? LOL) Coming soon, I promise...


10 comments:

Judy S. said...

An owl outside your window? How cool is that? I've only seen an owl in the wild once a long time ago. It was SO neat. They sure are quiet when they fly! Looking forward to seeming some more of your stitching.....

Phyllis said...

I believe in your motto! It is very good. I think Laurel Burch was so amazing. Nice fabric blocks. Very, very lovely.

Cheryl said...

Your embroidered tree is so pretty. I see so much of your inspiration come from the nature in "God's Country"!

Momma Bear said...

Owls are good luck! wishing you wisdom for the future, full moons for the dreaming & happy birthday!
the new block is coming along nicely I do like your tree branch!
this year has started off slow but I get the distinct feeling it's going to speed up when I least want it to!

Anonymous said...

I always think of the owl as an omen of change and transformation. Things that we have viewed as negative or challenging can be turned around by adjusting the kaleidsecope. Yep, that's what the owl says. By the way, Happy Belated Birthday!

Debra Dixon said...

Can't go entirely wrong with living by your motto--it was used often in my household growing up!

Julie Fountain said...

I too am feeling the creative awakening of Spring's arrival.

allie aller said...

Spring renewal!
Last night I heard the Pacific Chorus frogs cranking up their choir..and the daffodils are budding...there are a few new birdsongs in the mornings...and I think, how did that happen already?

Looking forward to seeing your spring stitching block evolve in this fine new year....

Gayle said...

An owl...you are very fortunate to have an owl near your home. :-)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello from Michigan, Yup I have no idea where Jan, went either. I am barely surviving this winter for some reason. Maybe as I get older I am less tolerant to cold and snow. VBG I had a bit of rest from blogging in Jan, to concentrate on finishing a project for my first admission to an online exhibition. Hopefully it will be up and live this evening.
No signs of Spring here. Just more snow again today. Hugs Judy