Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Journey Home ... Part One

Home is more than where I live ... it's where my family is, and sadly, farther away than should be. My sister Paula's house is that hub of home. It's the place where she makes the glue that holds us all together and I loved the time that we were all able to spend together!
Mom and Dad are in a skilled nursing unit, sharing the same room and enjoying their status of being the cutest ( and only) married couple in residence The staff genuinely loves them and sis and I are thankful everyday that they can still be together while receiving all the special care they need . Just seeing them, I know that they've adjusted well and there's no doubt that Dad not being able to walk and bouts with infection would have taken his life. It's been so hard for him to relinquish his "get up and go" way of life

Dad looks great! We'd just enjoyed watching the football game and being looked in on by the staff. All the noise we made... they thought it was my folks having a tiff, which they're known for on occasion... LOL


and mom after playing around with ribbons from a package she'd opened... I'm one of the luckiest people on earth to still have and enjoy parents like these two !


sis Paula with my nephew Jay

my great nephew Bailey baiting a hook

(my brother inlaw was never still enough for a photo)

The memory storehouse is full of lots of laughter and love shared this past week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely family - it must be a relief to know your parents are being looked after - they certainly look happy enough. At the risk of stating the obvious - you look a lot like your dad (and the grey hair suits him.lol) sans beard of course! good to have you back.xx

Teresa said...

You are blessed indeed.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Thans for sharing the family pictures. Your mom and dad still both have a twinkle in their eyes. Sounds like the long bus ride was worth it.