Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Add On to AM's Post... April TIF Done

Change was a good meditation while doing Aprils "Take It Further" work. Change is a by product of living. Some changes are thrust down my throat, some changes happen suddenly, some changes are under my control, some totally karmic. Either way it boils down to how I handle it, how I choose to see it and experience it. It can drag me along kicking and screaming or I can go with the flow. Odds are it's going to happen anyway, with or without me, so how do I see it??



Much better with the proper eyewear on.


I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the colors left me lagging with this one. I found it hard to pick this up and desirously stitch on it. Obviously, I did no hand stitching on it at all. It'll come in handy for the sunny days ahead as it has a pocket that allows the fit of 2 pair, reading and sun glasses. Change is the ability to roll with it and this is just what I did with this block.


This photo makes it look like an oven mitt LOL


While waiting for the pics to load, I sat and looked at the house plants. This is one I dug up last fall. The only survivor that lasted the winter. It some kind of chamomille I'm guessing?


I'm now feeling better about starting the May challenge. I really didn't want to punk out on this TIF thing and now I can move onward. Yay !!


6 comments:

Magpie Sue said...

I love your take on change and the whole rose-colored glasses thing. Smart to include a pocket to accomodate two pair of glasses. You never know when you're going to have to *change* from one pair to the other! Great job!

Unknown said...

beautiful rich colours - I love what you changed it into Enjoy using it and going with the flow!

Susan said...

Oh, boy, if there's one thing that's constantly changing lately, it's my eyesight! Good choice. I love the strong colorway you used.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Good Day Jane, Love seeing all your lovely plants in your house. Have a good safe trip down to your sister's place. I will look forward to hearing about your journal when you get back. Hugs Judy

Life Scraps and Patches said...

The picture with the plants in the window grabs at my heart. What a clever idea to do the glasses case for the challenge. Really nice job carrying it out. Connie

Judy S. said...

Hi Jane,
I loved seeing the photos of your house and property...what a challenge to carve a garden out of the wilderness! Glad to see you finished the April TIF hurdle with a neat project...a useful one, too. We just got back from Chicago and grandbaby playing. I miss them already, but it's good to be home.