Saturday, November 17, 2007

Something for my sister & Timtex not Tyvek

Thought I would get alittle more practice by making my sis a needlebook to send with her birthday card. The size is roughly 3.5 x 4.5. This is the front.


This is the back. It looks worse here than in reality but being a tad shy of square, my sis will surely understand it. LOL

I had inadvertanty stated in one of my posts that I used Tyvek for making a fabric postcard. I meant Timtex. Tyvek is an insulated protective paper used on exterior walls in home construction.

I threw this crazy block on my Q-Snap frame and will start at the stitching tonight. This is the "Sky Blue and Black" song block I have been putting off.

The Christmas decorating is mostly done. Since its just us 2, we decided to forgo the tree indoors but did do lots of lights and garland both in and out. One tree is left to do outdoors and that one will be done for the birds with peanut butter pinecones, seed bells, etc. I have mended my moose(s) and reconciled the loses of my previous post. "It is what it is", one of my most favorite sayings.

Another point of my procrastination is this.... and I wonder why as I feel so much better after I do it. My hair is getting so grey that I look bald in spots when the color grows out. Between my hair and the failing elasticity in my face, my looks are starting to change for the first time in my life. Its scary!!!


But as long as my little snow dog doesn't run when she sees me, its OK.

Till the next time....

3 comments:

changapeluda said...

I love the envelope looking
quarter is it?

snow dog = cutie pie

Patriot said...

I like the needlework - very creative!

Just wanted to let you know about a giveaway I'm hosting this week - right in time for Thanksgiving! Thanks!

gocrazywithme said...

Jane, I'm "facing" the same decisions with grey hair and sagging skin. I'm pretty sure I'll just keep the grey hair, or most of it anyway. As long as my husband is greyer than me (and he is!) and still likes me, I guess I can deal. I just wish my view of myself would catch up to who I see in the mirror; every morning is a shock!
Janet in Colorado