Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What If.... Mojo Going On

Lots of little stitches going on...lots of thoughts going into each... and the weirdest kind of crazy quilting I've ever done. Progresses being made but I'm not there yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the garden spots chosen and cleared by side of garage..... I'm thinking herbs and flowers.

This spot here is where the sun shines best... I see vegies going wild here next year. Much prep work necessary still but we've done well clearing out this whole area and lots to the left. Knowing where the sun shines is half the battle to planning a plot. (This pic is mid evening)

My camera battery is showing signs of quitting and my camera is one thing I won't live without. Also my Premarin RX is ready for pick up tomorrow, I have been taking 1 every 2-3 days to conserve them , not a good time to stop taking them all together. Looks like a trip to town is in order... yipee!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to everyone who has been dropping by and leaving support and wishes. You all mean more to me than you will ever know!!!! I

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jane. Being a smoker does not make you a pariah. It's the liberal media who makes people feel that way, as if there aren't lots of worse things out there that one could be addicted to, as if everything wrong with the world is really your fault, because you smoke.

I love my husband dearly, and he's smoked since he was 13. We go to fewer restaurants, no movies, and lots of other things because of his smoking. But I love him just the same, and he hasn't become a horrible person, just because of questionable research and the opinions being forced by media coverage of that. Neither have you.

If you want to quit, because *you* want it and think it will make you healthier, I'm all for it, and support you 100%. =)

Moving, changing our life completely, as you have done, are doing, is really a huge stress factor in one's life. I have to tell you that I've become a huge fan of Family Dollar, as we spend most of our time in small towns. Here in Lemmon, we don't have one, but we have a Ben Franklin instead, and they have wonderful fabric - usually last year's designs to keep the cost down.

You will accomplish whatever you set your mind to. You will work out a lot of issues with this block - it's a woman's tradition to stitch her problems away, and her fears, and her stress.

The garden spots look perfect, and I look forward to seeing the changes in them next spring.

Anonymous said...

I am interested to see more of your cq block - i notice lines of running stitch. I have done the same/similar anyway. (great minds eh?)
hope everything goes well smoking wise. will you have a chance to do much with nthe garden before the snow starts? it is warming up here already - I can feel spring not that far off.

Cheryl said...

I'm very curious to see your finished piece. And I'm hoping that holding a needle in your hand is a bit of a comfort right now!

Cathie said...

Hi Jane! Is your cq block really a "cqr" block (What if?) I'm participating too, as well as I believe Paula. Should be fun. Love your's so far - big fan of the big stitches.

Your garden "vision" is ambitious -- gardening is a bit like quilting -- usually done out of love (for the earth, of food, etc.) takes much planning, and not to be rushed.

Enjoy your "artful" gardening and quilting. See you around!!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I enjoyed looking at where your gardens-to-come will be and thinking about what you'll plant there. Just to cut the prep time -have you ever tried laying down cardboard with top soil on top? If you do it in the fall, the grass is gone by spring and you're ready to plant. No other prep. It's miraculous.

Anonymous said...

I gave your blog the Kreative Blogger award from my cq blog. =)

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Pretty stitchin' going on! I can see vines and wildflowers beside your garage, and veggies galore in the sunny spot. I wouldn't know how to begin -- there's no red clay in your pictures!